Monday, September 17, 2018
- Called to Order by Steve Schulz at 6:32pm, Attendance recorded, Present: Pastor John, Steve Schulz, Kara Heinemann, Mollee Tscholl, Belinda Krysan, Karen Hovde, Joyce Fredin, Karen Szymanowksi, Deb Hanson, Bonnie Tampel, Pastor Sean, Dean Jensen, Craig Ludtke, Kristin Larson and Ann Hareid. Absent was Jens Levisen. Quorum & Motion for Adoption of Agenda as printed by Dean J and seconded by Bonnie T. Approved.
- Devotions & Prayer— Mollee Tscholl shared “Truth about People Pleasing” Galatians 1:10-12
- Open Forum – none
- Secretary’s Report – Kristin
- Motion for Approval of Council meeting minutes from August 27, 2018 by Bonnie T and seconded by Karen S. Approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Craig
- Motion for Approval of August 2018 Financial Report by Dean J and seconded by Joyce F. Approved.
- August Checks
General Fund Amount: $141,373.17
Endowment Fund Amount: $8,155.84
Designated Fund Amount: $2,110.78
- Church Administrators Report – Kara
- Need Budget Sheets turned in. Reports needed from the Teams by October 15. Gift Shop coming along. Cards, Jewelry, All Christian gifts. Past pastors’ will be on a banners instead of the frames on the wall, Painting has been going on throughout the church. Software update may begin at the beginning of the year, Congregation Update at 12noon September 30 in Bethany Hall
- Safety and Security Team- Ban Guns and Open Doors Sunday Morning. No policy is currently in place that Bans Guns on the property. All the different doors that are open. Rod/Kara and Ken Damerow talking about forming a committee to look at options for fire safety equipment. New EXIT signs have been ordered.
- Pastors Report – Pastors John and Sean
- Pastor John: October 1 meeting with the Synod held here. Questions already predetermined for the new bishop interviews/meetings/search. Approximately 6:30pm. Characteristics of a Bishop will be discussed. We are one of five sights. Confirmation this year is 22 students. Interviews with them very heartening. Letter received requesting possible donors from a man needing a Liver. Busy Time of the year where people have been walking in needing to talk with pastors. Saturday was Monrad’s funeral service. Sunday services are back in session. 8:00, 9:15 and 10:30am.
- Pastor Sean: everything is back in force. Sunday School, Confirmation, Immersion, Calendar is planned for the next year. Centennial update: Logo is 99% done. Unveil at the upcoming celebration. He just returned from Syracuse. Attending some continuing education. Good time, it was fun. Glad to be back.
- Business, Planning & Action Items
- Annual Meeting November 11, 2018 at 11:45am Bethany Hall – Content: Annual Meeting/Budget, We would love to get 100 or more. Motion to schedule the Annual meeting November 11, 2018 at 11:45am. First by Mollee T, seconded by Kristin L. (7/5) Approved. Published in Bulletins
- Special Outreach Causes for 2019: what is the best way to decide? Council? Teams? Congregation? Motion by Craig / Dean to schedule Food for Backpacks as our Outreach Causes** for January 2019 Calendar. Approved
- New Members: James & Amber Moen, Carter, Brayden. Motion to approve Karen/Bonnie
Advance planning for next meeting, Monday October 15, 2018 Craig Ludtke
Items: 1) Safety Committee 2)
- Reports from Teams, Committees or Others
- Kara shared for Jordan: garden project done for this year. Not as much to the Salvation Army. Low produce. Youth room moving along. Electric is in, larger/wider doors in. Plumbing, cabinets and flooring going in. Everything moving along
- Belinda shared: Centennial kickoff, walking taco, snocones, popcorn, cookies, lemonade, ALL ages can “make your own bracelet”. This event is for EVERYONE. Make prayer rocks, games, eat. Kickoff is 10:30am – 1pm in Bethany Hall. Sunday School children made posters for the kickoff.
- Heard any good jokes lately? Steve- What did the buffalo say when he dropped his kid off at college? “Bye Son” (Bison). Kara- What has 100s of ears but can’t hear a thing? A Cornfield. John- Top 15 police comments AFTER they read you your Rights. Since it’s September #9: “You want a warning? Okay, I’m warning you not to do that again or I’ll give you another ticket!”
- Closing—Prayer requests, Prayers & The Lord’s Prayer led by Pastor John.
- Adjournment at 8:10pm
Kristin M Larson, FLC Council Secretary