FLC Jessica Lokken Summer School of Music and Art
Monday, July 17 – Friday, July 21
(Commencement Concert & Art Show – Sat., July 22 at 5:00 p.m.)
9:00 am – 12:15 pm – Chorus, Art, and Leadership Developement
12:30 pm – 1:45 pm – Optional Electives (Harp, Hand Bells, Percussion)
For Students going into 2nd – 12th Grade
No Cost to Participate – All are welcome!
For more information or if you have questions please contact:
Tim O’Shields – 373-6424 or 303-887-4513 (cell) or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the school
The First Lutheran Church – Jessica Lokken Summer School of Music and Art was started in the summer of 2015. More than thirty children and youth participated in the school in its inaugural year. The school is a partnership between First Lutheran Church and the Lokken Family of Albert Lea. The vision of the school is to provide opportunities in music and art education and appreciate to children and youth in the surrounding communities. This is done in a safe, spiritual environment. Another vision of the school is to keep the memory of Jessica Lokken alive through the accomplishments of area children in the school. Jessica died in 2014 and she loved music and children. Through the school, we hope to give children and youth skills and appreciation that they will take through their entire lives and even pass on to their children and their children’s children. We want to keep music and art alive and thriving in the community.
The School of Music will strive to accomplish these top 6 things:
- Provide music and art education and appreciation opportunities to area children and youth AT NO COST TO THE PARTICIPANTS. Everyone will LEARN MUCH!!!!!
- Work hard for a week and produce an incredible Commencement Concert and Art Show that will be open to the public and that will make a lasting impression on all who attend.
- Plant seeds for love and appreciation of music and art in those who participate that will grow throughout their lives.
- Identify gifted and talented participants and work on plans to further develop their talents.
- Make friendships and bonds that will last a lifetime.
- HAVE FUN!!!
Stay tuned for the Launch dates for the 2017 First Lutheran Church- Jessica Lokken Summer School of Music and Art.
– Jessica Lokken