Our mission is to Gather, Equip, and Empower people to joyfully do Christ’s work.
Preparing passionate followers of Jesus Christ to identify, nurture, and encourage Spiritual Gifts to benefit the church, the greater community and the world. ‘
For the Love of Christ
Core Values and Beliefs
- We believe in the Triune God – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We are all children of God, created in God’s own image; therefore, we welcome all people to join us in worship and service.
- We are saved by grace alone, believing salvation is the gift of God through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- We regularly celebrate the two sacraments:
- The Lord’s Supper, where all believers are welcome at the Lord’s table.
- Our values are based on the Bible, the Ten Commandments, the creeds, and the guidance of Luther’s Catechism.
- Our gracious God is the source of everything. We are called to share these gifts with others, including our money, time, and abilities.
- We trust in God’s promise to equip God’s people to embrace the work to which God has called us. God has promised to strengthen and empower us for new experiences and learning in our faith journey.
- We are called to make the world a better place, to love one another, to value integrity, courage, honesty; and to respect the dignity of all God’s people everywhere.
First Lutheran Church Congregational Council affirms these Core Values and Beliefs
First Lutheran Church is part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America