Monday, March 19, 2018
- Called to Order by President Steve Schulz at 6:30pm, Attendance recorded. Present are Steve Schulz, Kara Heinemann, Dean Jenson, Dorothy Blom (for Deb H), Joyce Fredin, Mollee Tscholl, Craig Ludtke, Pastor Sean, Pastor John, Karen Syzmanowski, Donna Ludtke and Kristin Larson. Absent are Belinda Krysan, Jens Levisen, Ann Hareid and Bonnie Trampel. Quorum. Motion for Adoption of Agenda with additions noted by Dean/Joyce.
- Devotions & Prayer— Steve Schulz shared from a writing by Jordan Whitefield “Praying for others”
- Open Forum – None
- Secretary’s Report
- Motion for Approval of Council meeting minutes from January 15, 2018 (L&G report change feb to jan) with noted change by Dean/Craig. Approved
- For the record: no February Council meeting was held due to inclement weather.
- Treasurer’s Report
- February 2018 Financial Report (gave update/info were Craig, Kara, Sean, John & Mollee) much discussion from members of the council “EVERYONE CAN DO Something” Motion to approve the February 2018 Financial Report by Karen/Dean. Approved
General Fund Amount: $67,497.48
Endowment Fund Amount: $8,655.82
Designated Fund Amount: $2,538.84
General Fund Amount: $63,582.56
Endowment Fund Amount: $9,705.84
Designated Fund Amount: $12,614.87
- Church Administrator’s Report
- Short Term Goals for 2018
- Approval of New Members: Brian Kvam & Denise Snyder, Lee & Darlene Kvam and Bob Ackland & Sharon Astrup-Scott – Motion to approve by Mollee/Craig. Approved
- Downtown Holiday Lighting Campaign: much discussion. Motion to use Thrivent Choice Dollars of $250 to be given to the campaign by Dean/Mollee. Approved
- Katie and Curtis Kline: Update from our ELCA missionaries.
- Soles for Jesus Thank You was passed around
- Haiti update will be in the upcoming Messenger
- Pastors Report
- Scholarship Challenge: Actually, it’s really a Synod Mission Challenge, Hoping for a great Synod offering, Will be shared between Tanzania, Columbia and South Sudan. Asking for a $1500 from FLC congregation, then challenging other congregations to give $250. Discussion of possible accounts that could be used. Motion to overspend account 02-5111 and to give to the Synod Mission Challenge $1500 by Donna/Craig. Approved
- Pastor Al Stoa will be celebrating his 50th year of his ordination on June 9. Pastor John has been in Discussion with Al to recognize him at one of the Services.
- MN Adult/Teen Challenge will be coming 8am, 9:15am & 10:30am the last Sunday in April.
- Long Range Planning: Architect proposal, planning committee suggested some other architects to be contacted. Should be around $10-15,000 for this architect’s proposal. Then we will have info around the Capital Campaign.
- Congregational Update: April 22 Not for action just for informational to be held at 11:45am. Motion for The FLC Council to call for a Congregational Update Meeting on April 22 at 11:45am in the Sanctuary by Dean/Karen. Approved
- Pastor John attended a Boundaries Workshop
- Pastor Sean is active with Kiwanis and the Key Club, District convention April 13-15. Taking 9 students. Upcoming officers will receive training. Upcoming Pancake Breakfasts fundraiser for scholarships at the Legion coming up on Sunday, March 25.
- Easter Egg Hunt, AMPARO messages going well. Saturday evening service Easter vigil, hoping for a baptism.
- Centennial FB page is in the works. Gift shop group going to other churches to take pics, ask questions, etc. Scott from ADART looking at the historical display and how to best display it. Will give quotes on costs.
- Bible Series will begin again after Easter. Pastor Sean attended a workshop, “Empowering Lady”. He also attended another workshop with Dean Jenson on Saturday, “SHARE our HURTS”
- Business, Planning & Action Items
- Motion to approve the Special Outreach Cause Calendar w/o October by Karen/Mollee. Approved
- Building and Grounds Update: Rod Nielsen is new and going good.
- Equipment Sales report from Property: Dean said the commission did not meet. Rod is taking classes for the boiler license renewal. They would like Rod to be able to attend. Still in the works.
- Stewardship Moment for May: Mollee discussed during Treasurer’s Report
- Ministry Team Review Report: met today over lunch. They are in the very beginning stages. Team leader, members, council liaison. Kara shared two notes of info. Possible procedure would be to Fill out Questionnaire, they will be reviewed, forward onto nominating committee for ballot selections. Applicants on the ballot. Much discussion and more updates to come.
- Advance planning for next meeting, Monday April 23, 2018, Devotions: Craig Ludtke
- Items: 1) Stewardship Campaign 2)
- Reports from any commission, committee, or officers
- Joyce: WELCOME CENTER UPDATE Family of 4 possible new members: April 22 orientation date nametags changed from HOSPITATLITY to WELCOME
- Karen: WORSHIP, MUSIC & ARTS are using a signup sheet for COMMUNION helpers at the services. Helpers still receive an informational phone call.
- Donna: BERC is meeting on April 7 at Salem. Tim is the featured speaker.
- Dean: PROPERTY Randy Nicol is keeping him up to date on the lighting. How to choose the right electrician. New concern about the overpowering of the screens’ light. Samples are ordered.
- Heard any good jokes lately? Pastor John shared about “the elderly couple on their road trip”
- Closing—Prayer requests, Prayers & The Lord’s Prayer
- Adjournment at 8:31pm
Kristin M Larson, FLC Council Secretary
|2018— Special Outreach Cause Offerings —2018|
|January||—||Night to Shine||July||—||Compassion International|
|February||—||Helping Families Fund||August||—||Snack Carts for Kids|
|March||—||Noisy Offering–Sal. Army Food Shelf||September||—||Transportation for LWR|
|April||—||MN Adult and Teen Challenge||October||—||?????|
|May||—||ShineFest||November||—||Noisy Offering–Sal. Army Food Shelf|
|June||—||Semcac||December||—||Seminary Student Fund?? Soles for Jesus|