Monday, August 27, 2018
- Called to Order by President Steve Schulz at 6:33pm , Attendance recorded and Present are: Belinda Krysan, Joyce Fredin, Karen Syzmanowski, Bonnie Trampel, Donna Ludtke, Kristin Larson, Craig Ludtke, Deb Hanson, Pastor Sean Forde, Pastor John Holt, Steve Schulz, Mollee Tscholl and Dean Jenson (7:01pm) will be late. Absent are: Kara Heinemann, Jens Levisen and Ann Hareid. Quorum & Motion for Adoption of Agenda by Deb Hanson, Mollee Tscholl. Approval.
- Devotions & Prayer— Karen Syzmanowski shared Bible verses about being “Grateful” Ephesians 5:19-20, Colossians 3:16-17, 1Thessolonians 5:18. According to the author of “The Wedding Dress” by Rachel Hauck her belief: The Wedding Dress is a symbol for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Shared the reading, Shop in Heaven’s Grocery Store
- Open Forum – none
- Secretary’s Report – Kristin Larson
- Approval of Council meeting minutes as printed from July 16, 2018 1st by Bonnie Trampel, 2nd by Karen Szymanowski. Approved.
- Treasurer’s Report – Craig Ludtke
- Motion for Approval of July 2018 Financial Report 1st by Joyce Fredin, 2nd by Karen Szymanowski. Approved.
- Proposal for 2018-2019 Big Projects (handout) explained by Council Treasurer
July Checks: General Fund Amount: $101,070.97; Endowment Fund Amount: $58,226.17;
Designated Fund Amount: $25,013.52
- Church Administrators Report (Pastor Holt via Kara’s written report)
- Budget sheets need to be turned in ASAP, working on Personnel Budget, Gift Shop coming along. Hopeful Opening in November, Accounting/membership software is being sought. Local churches shared info (60 day trial run), working on Endowment videos, no new news on the (audit) agreed upon procedures, along with Rod and Ken Damerow working a fire escape, tornado shelter, armed shooter plans, Congregational update Sept 30 12pm.
- Pastors Report
- Pastor John shared Synod Focused Conversation meeting at FLC on Oct. 1 (handout) FLC will provide nametags, coffee, bars, possible childcare.
- Pastor John/Pastor Sean – Confirmation, Sunday School, deaths, much work being done.
- Business, Planning & Action Items
- Discussion on the Ministry Team Proposal & Decision Whether to Advance –(handout)
Final Proposal passed out to council members. Pastor John read page by page with the council. Many council questions and discussions. Motion by Dean Jensen that we move forward with this implementing this change. Mollee Tscholl seconded. More discussion. Motion carries.
- Report on plans for Food for Backpacks mission project (discussed earlier) more need than planned
- Acceptance of New Members:
Tyler Broughton, Samantha Hutchins and Thomas Tonkin, 2221 Milo Avenue, Albert Lea;
Patrick Menning, 428 Crescent Drive, Albert Lea; Dale Drescher, 75507 240th Street, Albert Lea. Orientation is September 16 at 9:30am. Motion to approve the new members by Kristin Larson and seconded by Bonnie Trampel. Approved
- 2nd Floor Remodel—plan, progress, budget & available funding or funding needed. Craig. Originally $15,000. Herfindahl room only had one outlet. New wiring, etc cost $9000 was necessary to bring the space up to code. The project will run approx. $33,000. Will continue to seek funds for this project. Pastor Sean, there is a “wish” tree for the new spaces. Please look at the tree and consider supporting the Youth.
- Advance planning for next meeting, Monday September 17, 2018, Devotions: Mollee Tscholl
Items: 1) 2)
- Reports from any team, committee or officers
- Joyce appreciates the comments about the new system of teams
- Karen coming off summer, things will start up again
- Deb looking at catalogs for the billboard during the Christmas season
- Dean tuckpointing will now be early in the spring 2019
- Heard any good jokes lately? Pastor Sean, “What did the wedgie who wanted to play basketball say…Pick me! Pick me!”
- Closing—Prayer requests, Prayers & The Lord’s Prayer
- Adjournment by 8:43pm
Kristin M Larson, FLC Council Secretary