Monday, April 17, 2018
- Called to Order by President Steve Schulz at 6:30pm, Attendance recorded. Present are Steve Schulz, Kara Heinemann, Dean Jenson, Deb Hanson , Joyce Fredin, Mollee Tscholl, Craig Ludtke, Pastor Sean, Pastor John, Karen Syzmanowski, Belinda Krysan, Jens Levisen, Ann Hareid and Bonnie Trampel. Absent are Donna Ludtke and Kristin Larson . Quorum. Motion for Adoption of Agenda with additions noted by Jens/Karen.
- Devotions & Prayer— Craig Ludtke “All in on Eternal Life”
- Open Forum – None
- Secretary’s Report
- Motion for Approval of Council meeting minutes from March 19, 2018 with noted change by Dean/Joyce. Approved
- Treasurer’s Report
- March 2018 Financial Report (gave update/info were Craig, Kara,) Motion to approve the March 2018 Financial Report by Deb/Dean. Approved
General Fund Amount: $71,014.89
Endowment Fund Amount: $38,430.84
Designated Fund Amount: $10,746.15
- Church Administrator’s Report
- Approval of new members; Vince and Tamara Cardona and their Children Nikolas Lehman and Gavin Cardona and Willie and Kaitlyn Huebner and their children Oliver, Eisen and Coen. Motion by Karen/Bonnie. Approved.
- Pastors Report
- Sean reported on the Congregational Update meeting being held on April 22, 2018. This meeting will cover three things. Lighting in sanctuary, Centennial Update and Long range planning team. The meeting will have discussion and the purpose is to bring everyone up to date on what is happening.
- Business, Planning & Action Items
- Agreed Upon Procedures- Kara and Craig discussed that the plan is to have this done verses a full blown audit due to saving cost and getting the same result in the end, which is feedback on our policies and procedures. The agreed upon procedures is to look at our operation structure and make sure we are secure and our bases are covered.
- Stewardship Campaign- Mollee mentioned that they have a series of 3 speakers lined up to do temple talks in May. They are also planning to send out a mailer in May but waiting until the last connect-a-thon is done so they have everyone’s updated information.
- Presentation of the 2018 Scholarships- Steve called for a motion to approved the General Fund scholarships in the amount of $14,500. Motion was made by Karen and seconded by Deb. Approved.
- Annual Meeting Date Change- Kara presented that the annual meeting every year is held in January. There are three concerns with this date. First, the church is operating off of a unapproved budget for the first 3 weeks of the year. This includes paying bills and staff wages that are not approved. Also there are many snowbirds that go south and don’t have the opportunity to attend the meeting because they are gone. Lastly, the weather in January is always so much more risky than in November. With that being said, to be working off an approved budget as of January 1st and to offer the people that go south the opportunity to attend the meeting and have a say in things that go on, Kara is proposing the meeting be moved to November. A Congregational meeting will be held on June 3, 2018 at 9:15 am to propose the change in the bylaws to have our annual meeting in November each year instead of January. A motion was made by Joyce and seconded by Jens to have a congregational meeting to propose this change. Approved.
- Ministry Team Review- The ministry review team would like to propose that the Commissions start operating under their new “Team” names so that before the big change people can start to get familiar with the names. The Council made a motion to have each team implement their new team names. Motion as made by Joyce and seconded by Jens. Approved.
- Advance planning for next meeting, Monday May 21, 2018, Devotions: Kristin Larson
- Items: 1) 2)
- Reports from any Teams, committee, or officers
- Dean: PROPERTY Randy Nicol is keeping him up to date on the lighting. How to choose the right electrician. Dean spoke about electricians and how Thomson Electric has been a great help! The lighting timeline was explained and the project is moving along!
- Jens- YOUTH- 18 kids going to National Youth Gathering, services projects are going well, they have been serving treats in the gathering space, TEC is coming this weekend and will have the majority of the building which is a great event.
- Ann- EDUCATION- VBS coming and looking for people to house the campers and to provide treats and snacks, planning the year end Sunday school party and other events that were discussed.
- Heard any good jokes lately?
- Closing—Prayer requests, Prayers & The Lord’s Prayer
- Adjournment at 8:05 PM
(Filling in for Secretary Kristen Larson)
|2018— Special Outreach Cause Offerings —2018|
|January||—||Night to Shine||July||—||Compassion International|
|February||—||Helping Families Fund||August||—||Snack Carts for Kids|
|March||—||Noisy Offering–Sal. Army Food Shelf||September||—||Transportation for LWR|
|April||—||MN Adult and Teen Challenge||October||—||?????|
|May||—||ShineFest||November||—||Noisy Offering–Sal. Army Food Shelf|
|June||—||Semcac||December||—||Seminary Student Fund?? Soles for Jesus|